Saturday, May 7, 2016

Show off your Summer Shoes!


Is it 70 outside? Is summer kicking in? I can’t believe it – After that long rainy spell – is the sun finally out? Oh Yess!! Its beautiful, I can soak in the sun almost all day and not get too warm. Now its time to wear some sleeveless tops, summer dresses and Bikinis ofcourse!
May be its time for me to get a manicure, I need to show off my feet in those beautiful sandals that I purchased during spring.
Summer brings in vibrant colors in mind. It brings to mind cool cotton clothes! And definitely beaches and mangoes too J
Summer is also the time to wear skirts, shorts, kapris, long summer cotton dresses, and ofcourse sandals to match those! Usually summer time is to wear flats, 1-2” heels at the most. Thong-styled, or toe-ring are the most popular Indian Sandals. I often wear these summer sandals to work, as they give a very cool summer look!

 Another very popular of Indian footwear is the ‘juti’ – ballerina type, cut low on the sides, very similar to ballet slippers. Very north Indian cultural footwear with beautiful embroidery patterns. These jutis generally compliment well with Indian dresses like the kurtis or salwar kameez and even churidaar! Would not go well with western outfits like shorts or skirts. 
I feel like I can go on and on, with the different styles of footwear for summer! Will continue on this topic more next week. I am signing off this blog for the week, with a suggestion – get a manicure and you will not only enjoy wearing summer footwear but will also feel like showing them off!


2 comments:

  1. Very insightful article, like the idea of regular manicures throughout summer to show off your sandals - completely agree - manicures make your feet look so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Indian Sandals - great atricles - but focused on women, do you have some for men too?

    ReplyDelete